Building Community Together
Tax-Free Year-End Giving
Partner with B'nai Tzedek with a Tax-Free Gift from your Individual Retirement Account
As the calendar year comes to a close, you may be eligible to make a tax-free gift from your IRA to B'nai Tzedek. Partner with us to create a strong Jewish identity and a vibrant local Jewish community.
Benefits of a Gift from an IRA
- Donors age 70 ½ or older can transfer a total of up to $100,000 per year, directly from Individual Retirement Accounts to charities such as B'nai Tzedek, free from federal income tax. There may also be state income tax savings.
- Amounts given in this way count toward required IRA minimum withdrawal amounts for the year of the gift.
- In order to be tax-free, the donation must go directly from the account to B'nai Tzeded, without passing through your hands.
- Keeping income down by avoiding an IRA distribution can be beneficial to you, and to B'nai Tzedek.
- Other tax-deferred retirement plans, such as a 401(k) or 403(b), do not qualify; however, you may be able to roll such a plan into an IRA and then make a charitable gift to B'nai Tzedek.
Please note: B'nai Tzedek is not engaged in providing legal or tax advice. Please consult your professional advisors before making your gift.
How to Make Your Gift
- Contact your IRA plan administrator for their transmittal form.
- On the form, specify the amount to be transferred to B'nai Tzedek.
- Include B'nai Tzedek's tax ID number: 52-161-9672.
- Checks from your IRA should be made payable to B'nai Tzedek and mailed to: B'nai Tzedek, 10621 South Glen Road, Potomac, MD 20854, Attn: Year End Giving
Click here if you would like to make a year-end tax deductable gift (not from an IRA) to B'nai Tzedek.